Key Highlights 2018
Nurture Merit Program is a well-designed, structured and focused program to support bright students coming from economically challenged families to continue their post 10th education to enable them to be graduate and thus relating a meaningful employment or self-employment.
In 2018, a total amount of INR 83 lakhs was disbursed as financial assistance to 1279 students.
- 2600+ houses visited by volunteers across 68 talukas to identify deserving students
- 64% of the beneficiaries were girls
- 90% of students supported are from rural regions of 10 districts of Karnataka
- During the year 331 students were trained through 7 Residential Bridge camps till December, 2018 and 4 more are planned for the 4th quarter of the academic year 2018-19.
- 5000 rural youths made use of the 5 Libraries/Knowledge resource centers located at Hubli, Bijapur, Belgaum, Sirsi & Davangere