Vidya Poshak - Half Yearly Updates 2017
Dear Well Wisher,
Greetings from Vidya Poshak
Thank you for joining hands with us, we appreciate your kind gesture in extending a helping hand for the noble cause of nurturing meritorious but economically challenged students. None of our work could be done without our amazing supporters like you. With your great support we are nurturing meritorious students and going to nurture nonacademic excellent students from this year.
We are pleased to share you with the Quarter highlights of Vidya Poshak activities
1. We have trained 28 different background professionals on personal and career counselling under the new initiative of Carving out Counsellors program with the Association of Samdhana trust in Dharwad. The trainees committed to provide free counselling in their districts.
2. Our Alumni Scholar Mr Avinash Naduvinamani cleared UPSC IAS Exams in 2017
3. 12 students were qualified JEE advanced in that 3 students were cleared JEE mains exam through our IIT/JEE training program.
4. Totally 321 students who were financially assisted by Vidya Poshak appeared for Ist -PUC examination in 2017 out of which 100% students were successful in the examination. 210 students scored 80% and above.
5. Totally 393 students who were financially assisted by Vidya Poshak appeared for II -PUC examination in 2017 out of which 100% students were successful in the examination. 209 students scored 80% and above.
6. As a pilot, Vidya Poshak will be venturing into a new initiative Nurturing Extracurricular Talent (NExT) from this year. The programme provides space for supporting deserving students in pursuing excellence in nonacademic areas. This year we are going to support in the field of music (Indian classical form), Sports (individual events only) and Dance (Indian forms).
7. Our Vidya Poshak scholars Mr. Basanagouda Kottur, Mr. Avinash Bharadwaj and Ramesh Kolar cleared the KAS in this year.
8. Ms. Florence, Mr. Manoj, Ms. Shraddha Hegde, Ms. Nivedita Bhoosnurmath, Mr. Ganapati, Mr. Raveesh Hegde and Ms. Kavya cleared the CPT in first attempt in the degree first year.
9. Ms.Rakshita Bhat, Ms. Anupama, and Ms. Swati were cleared foundation exam conducted by Company Secretary in first attempt.
10. In last quarter five Residential Bridge Camps were conducted in Daddikamlapura, Goli, Shankar Matha, Vysya hostel and Huliyala for degree and PU students. Totally 282 students were participated and covered the theme of Personality development, English language improvement, Interview readiness, Aptitude skills, disaster management and social responsibility.